Tuesday, July 24, 2012

All-Nighter

One thing that I have always wanted to do for a very long time, is to pull an all-nighter. Go an entire night without sleeping. On a few particularly stressful school days, I have come close to accomplishing my goal, but I always managed to get a few hours of sleep before I was always rudely awoken by my alarm clock. Seeing as I was that close on a school night, I figured that a summer night would be a cinch, especially seeing as I am often up until 1:30 / 2:00 ish every night anyway.

Well, last night I finally decided that I was going to do it! I was going to pull an all nighter! And might I just say, it was pretty successful!

I started off by just watching a couple shows on HGTV - Cake Boss and Four Houses - both of which were pretty boring. But I also had a bowl of mint ice cream and a brownie, so I didn't really mind watching the shows. 

I then retired to my bedroom where I started using my ever so handy, and entertaining, All-Nighter stash that I had made a few hours before. It consisted of the seventh Harry Potter book, the second and third Harry Potter movies, the Special Features disks to the second and third movies, a bottle of cold water, and a pixie stick. 


I started off by watching the Special Features disk of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. This was my favorite part of the night, and it lasted a good two hours. I love everything about Harry Potter: the books, the movies, the characters, EVERYTHING!! But I especially love watching interviews with the cast members and J.K. Rowling herself. It is so exciting seeing the real people behind my favorite characters, and watching them goof off back stage. 

I also love all of the Behind the Scenes footage, and seeing the making of the set, the music, and so much more! I don't think I have ever fully appreciated the effort behind the making of such wonderful movies, and I never really understood how much work actually goes into them. It is a lot longer and more challenging of a process then I would ever have imagined, and I am so grateful for all the people who take the time create such magical movies!

Last night I also read more of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban, and explored some of the special features of the third movie. And by the time everything on my list of entertainment had been checked off, it was almost seven o'clock in the morning. I had also finished my lone pixie stick, (which had been giving me an extra boost of energy whenever I started to droop off) and my water had turned warm.

By this time, there was also a stream of light sneaking its way into my room from outside where the sun was rising, and the birds could be heard chirping outside my window. I figured that these were both signs of night having disappeared, leaving morning in it's place. And I decided, that since the night was past, and I was still awake, I had successfully completed my task of pulling an all-nighter. I then went to sleep, for about three hours.

So Anyway . . . I'm really tired!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment