Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 2: Photo Scavenger Hunt at Walmart

It is the second day of our Spectacular Summer Finale, and Aimee and I had another adventure worthy of the amazing title.

After much debate, and questioning, we finally decided that we would ride our bikes to Walmart (which by the way is about 3 1/2 miles away from my house) and do a photo scavenger hunt. So we printed off a list of crazy things to find, prepared our bikes, and set off. It wasn't that long of a bike ride, but the last little portion was uphill, so that was pretty challenging for my lazy legs.

So we got there and we couldn't find the bike rack. Just our luck! So we ended up locking our bikes to this random pole attached to the building. First thing we go the bathroom and get a drink, and as predicted, my face was as red as a tomato, and Aimee's was tan and beautiful. Figures, right? After a while, I just gave up on trying to return my face to it's natural pale color, and had to deal with all the weird looks I got as I walked through Walmart.

Then we started working on our scavenger hunt list. Here is all the pictures that we took and a description of what we had to find.

1. Get a picture of something that will represent your teams mascot. (Woohoo, Rocking Mickey!)

2. Get a picture of a food item that no one in your group has ever eaten. (Haha, coffee!)

3. Get a picture of something that fits this description, "Most people buy this approximately once a month" (We went for the less obvious)

4.Get a picture of a food item that everyone in our group has eaten in the last month. (I don't know who or what she is looking at.)

5. Get a picture of everyone in your group staging a battle scene. (So, there were only two people in our 'team' and one of them had to take the picture, so this was as close as we were going to get.)  

6. Get a picture of a defective product. (There is a big whole in the box. Also, she was being a bum and not looking at the camera or smiling. Although it is better then when she was hiding her face completely!) 

7. Get a picture of a book everyone has read. (Please ignore the creepy face.)

 8. Get a picture of everyone in the group wearing the same article of clothing. (Why is everything cuter on Aimee?)

9. Get a picture of something that fits this description, " Most people use this daily." (Hahahaha I would sure hope so!) 

10. Get a picture of something odd but strangely fitting. (Haha, get it, Green Lantern and a green lantern! Haha, we are so funny!) 

11. Get a picture of your entire group sitting on the same piece of furniture. (So you can't really see it, but we are kinda both sitting on a chair, and Aimee is trying to hide behind me.) 

 12. Get a picture of three things that fit this description, "This can be used to lose weight." (Treadmill, tennis racket, 10 lb weight.)

13. Find a toy that the majority of your group had as a child. (We had to use the Barbie in a dress because Aimee apparently never had a ballerina Barbie.) 

14. Get a picture of a price check station after having scanned a clearance item. (It was a light switch cover thing and it was gold, and it was only $1!!) 

15. Get a picture of the most expensive piece of jewelry in the store. (So there isn't anyone in the picture, because I had to hurry and take the picture of the watch - which was behind glass - before anyone saw us) 

16. Find a food item everyone in the group doesn't like. (Tuna. Eww! And as Aimee pointed out, I had a pretty revolting face! Hahahahaha! I know she meant that I looked revolted. But I still think it's pretty hilarious! ) 

17. Get a picture of something that meets this description, "It used to swim in water, now it doesn't." (Aimee wouldn't hold a bag of shrimp or fish, so we just had to have her point at the seafood sign. Except that she isn't actually pointing!)

18. Get a picture of something that fits this description, "It smells good when it burns." (I know, I look really stupid when I am pretending to smell the candle!) 

19. Get a picture of a DVD that everyone has seen and not liked. (So this proved to be a lot harder then we had thought it wold be, so even though Aimee doesn't remember this movie, we used it anyway.)

 20. Get a picture of something that fits this description. "A tool that has multiple uses." (You can't really see it, but I'm holding a hammer!)

21. Get a picture of something that would only be used outside. (We are perfectly aware that you could technically ride a bike inside, but these were HUGE, so we decided that it wouldn't fit inside. And it was pretty hilarious, because almost right after we took this picture, the red bike in the back fell off the rack. Aimee didn't do it of course, but it was still pretty funny!)

After our scavenger hunt, both of us were super tired, and our legs hurt really bad. So we went over to McDonald's and got some fries and a drink to share. So were were sitting there, watching the people walk in and out of Walmart, and talking of course, when all of a sudden, we saw someone we knew!! It was Aimee's mom and older sister Maddie. So of course we do the obvious and shout out there names, but of course they don't hear because there is a layer of glass between us, and a lot of noisy people. So what do we do next, well we bang on the glass of course! Once again, they still don't notice. So, I run out of McDonald's, and out into the entrance of Walmart shouting Maddie's name. (And now that I think about it, I don't know why I went running out, Aimee should have gone, it was her family! Oh well!) Well, a lot of people looked at me, but of course, not Maddie. It is then that I notice that Aimee had followed me, leaving our food, and my camera in McDonald's. So, I hurry and run back inside, and back to our table, ignoring the weird comments I get from the employee, and the looks I get from other customers. After Aimee successfully scares her family, she comes running back in. And when I see her face, I start laughing, and root beer comes out my nose. (Because I am just cool like that!!) 

So, by then we had been at Walmart for almost 3 hours, so we finally decide to head home. And let me just tell you, the ride back was so much easier, and a lot more fun - because a lot of it was downhill! At one point, we got to a point where we had to turn, and so I looked over my shoulder to see if there were any cars coming. And it turns out that there was one right behind us! I got kinda scared to see a car that close, so I swerved to the right to avoid the car, and started riding across a large pile of rocks. It was not comfortable, but it was pretty funny!

Also, there was a point where we had to make a really sharp turn to get onto the sidewalk. Well, I tried to make the turn very smoothly, and well, that didn't really happen. There are a lot of potholes, and big bumps in the way, and I happened to hit a big bump. Well, my bike decided that it couldn't make it over the bump, but wanted to fall instead. So I kinda stumbled over the bike, and got some scrapes on my legs. But I am totally fine! And it was pretty hilarious! 

So Anyway . . . Day 2 was a huge success and many funny memories were made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment