Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 4: Family Day

The fourth day of our Spectacular Summer Finale, just so happened to be a Thursday, which is my dads day off. And it was the last Thursday of the summer that we would all be home, so it was made a Family Day. But don't worry, I still got a little adventure in with Aimee.

I was woken up at 9:20 to get ready to go - which by the way is way earlier then I normally get up. My whole family got dressed in our BYU clothing, and we set off. There was a BYU football open scrimmage that morning, so - because I am such a big BYU football fan - we decided to go watch for a while.


I made my mom bring her camera, because I wanted pictures that I could put on my blog. So I have her camera case around my shoulder, and I am walking into the stadium, when my mom points out a sign that says 'No Photography or Videos'. Umm . . . oops! The car was too far away to hurry and put the camera back in the car, so I just wound up the straps around the camera case, and held it in my hand, trying to hide it as much as possible. So yea, sorry, but I didn't get any pictures of this day.

They could not have picked a hotter day to do this scrimmage. It was boiling hot!! And we weren't allowed to bring our own water in, so we were getting dehydrated as well. Also, they had about an hour and a half long practice before they even started the scrimmage. So we were practically done with the whole thing by the time the scrimmage started. So we stayed to see each team make a touchdown and then we were just too exhausted so we left. But it was exciting while it lasted.

Once we were home, I drank a whole bottle of water - yes that's how hot it was - and slept for an hour and a half.

We then went out to dunch (that is dinner and lunch, or at least that is what we call it in my family) to Chuck-A-Rama. I don't know why we keep going there, because nobody really likes it. All of their food is dry and pretty flavorless. Well, except for their cinnamon pull-a-parts. Those are super good! And they have milk, and I love milk. But besides those two things, it really isn't very good at all.

Afterwards, we went to Trafalga, to play some mini golf. Well, pretty much everyone in my family stinks at miniature golf, except for my mom and dad. And it is always a competition between them. So they always keep score, and are always trying to beat each other. And the rest of us kids, are just trying to get it in the whole. And me, well, I'm known in my family for my swing. I might as well just say 'fore' before I hit the ball each time, because that is pretty much how far it goes. It's a miracle I haven't broken anything yet.

So yea, that was pretty much it for my Family Day.

And from what I hear, Aimee had a pretty interesting day as well. Her older sister Maddie got her wisdom teeth taken out that day. So she was obviously on drugs, but was trying to reassure everyone that she was completely normal. So yea, I heard some pretty hilarious stories about Aimee's day.

Well, later that evening, Aimee and I went on a walk down on the river trail by our house. It is one of our favorite walking and talking spots. Or at least until the spiders and snakes decided to take it from us. EWW!!!! But this time, we just sat on the grass and talked. Always a great pass time.

Afterwards, we went to my house for a while. We just sat on the porch and ate ice cream. Okay, so I more like forced Aimee to eat ice cream, but same difference. We were only out there for about 15 minutes, but we each got five mosquito bites. So needless to say, we were scratching ourselves like crazy, and wiping every inch of our skin that was showing, so as to drive away the mosquito's. But it didn't really work.

So Anyway . . . Day 4 was not the best, but it was still adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment